On which matters can an advance ruling be sought?
Advance rulings, concerning service tax matters, can be sought in respect of –
- Classification of any service as a taxable service under Chapter V of the Finance Act, 1994;
- Principles to be adopted for the purposes of determination of value of taxable service under the said Act;
- Determination of the liability to pay service tax on a taxable service under the said Act;
- Valuation of taxable services for charging Service Tax; and
- Applicability of notifications issued under said Act. (Ref.: Section 96C(2) of Finance Act,1994).