Import Export Code (IEC) - India
What is IEC?
IEC Code is unique 10 digit code issued by DGFT – Director General of Foreign Trade , Ministry of Commerce, Government of India to Indian Companies and Individuals to enable them carry International Trade.
Who can get an IEC?
An INDIVIDUAL or a company who wants to do international business can get an IEC. Individuals can use either the name of their proprietorship firm or their name directly to apply for IEC.
How to get IEC?
An application for grant of IEC has to be made alongwith supporting documents. The application should be made by Registered office only (in case a company has multiple branches) to the DGFT office under whose jurisdiction the registered office of the applicant comes. IEC is applicable to across the company and there is no need of separate registration branchwise.
eLagaan can help you get your IEC code, check out our IEC service for details.
Details of Documents required for IEC application
- Application form in specified format (Form ANF 2A and ANF-1) to be filled.
- Details of the company
- Name of the Company/ Individual
- Address of registered office of the company/ Residential address of the Individual
- Address(es) of all the branch offices/ divisions/ factories/units of the company
- Telephone number
- Email address of the company/ Individual
- Details about promoters
- Name of all the Directors/Partners/Karta/ Trustee/ Proprietor (as the case may be for the applicant company. e.g. For Pvt. Ltd. Co. its Directors, for LLPs its partners etc.)
- Fathers name of each promoter
- Residential Address of each promoter
- Contact Phone number of each promoter
- Type of Exporter
- Merchant/ Manufacturer/ Service Provider/ Combination of any of these
- Bank account details of the company
- Name of the bank
- Address of the bank
- Type of account held (current account/ OD account etc.). Please note that Savings account are not allowed for IE code purposes.
- Account number
- Year of opening account
- PAN Details
- PAN number of the company/ Individual
- Issuing Authority (Income Tax Department, alongwith Ward, Jurisdiction etc.)
- Details about various registrations the company/ individual has, e.g.:
- Industrial registration
- Service tax
- RCMC details
- Status House
- Excise registration
- VAT registration
- Details of turnover for last 3 years
- Details of the company
- A certificate from your banker in specified format. The certificate should also attest the photograph of 1 of the promoter.
- 6 Passport size photograph of 1 of the promoters
- A demand draft in favour of concerned officer under whose jurisdiction the registered office of the applicant company comes (e.g. Joint DGFT or DGFT depending on the office to office)
- Self attested copy of the PAN card
- A covering letter on letter head of the company requesting the concerned officer to grant IE Code
- In case of Private Limited Companies, following additional documents are required:
- Board Resolution for obtaining IEC
- Memorandum of Association & Articles of Association
- Copy of last Form 32 filed with RoC, if there has been any change of Directors from what is mentioned in MoA and AoA
- In case of Individual/ proprietorship firms, Residential address proof of the proprietor is also needed. The residential address proof should have been issued by any Governmental agency and should have a photo of the person (e.g. Driving Licence, Voters ID card, Passport etc.)
- If the company has an NRI interest, then details of RBI approval number should be provided alongwith applicaton in Part D of the same.
- Many DGFT/JDGFT office insist on submitting the application in duplicate (2 copy). Please check on the same before submitting the application.
- Self addressed envelope (size 5" x 12") with postal stamp affixed on it for despatch of IEC via speed post by the Department. Postal stamp value:
- For local area - Rs.20/-
- Upto 200Kms - Rs.25/-
- 200 to 1000 Kms - Rs.30/-
- More than 1000Kms - Rs.50/-
- All the documents alongwith self addressed envelope should be put in a file and then submitted either in person at the concerned office or be sent via post to the concerned office.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IEC APPLICATION REQUIRES STRICT DOCUMENTATION AND ANY LAPSES/ERRORS IN THE SAME MAKES IT LIABLE FOR REJECTION.
eLagaan offers completely professional services to make sure you get the IEC in quickest time. Click here to get your IEC code now.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR PAYPAL USERS. LIMITED PERIOD OFFER. CLICK HERE TO KNOW MORE.
Got more questions on Importer Exporter Code??? Check out our FAQs on IEC.